18 June 2007

sabah - day 4

day 4

monsopiad cultural village

monsopiad cultural village

a brief explanation of the village

welcome

the rice wine that we were served. daren't taste it and opted for orange juice instead

musician playing the kulintangan

fake skulls

musicians on top of the stage

sazau panampang

warrior's dance

one of the dancers

tried to behead my mum

brought onstage

trying the blowpipe

victory

the bamboo dance

a bubu used as a lamp decor

it means respect to the elders i think

some fruit on some tree

door to the past. respect to the elders? help edgar...

skulls of those beheaded by monsopiad. the brown stains are blood

a vase which serves like a coffin

a picture. they tie up the vase because it is reported that the vases can move

me on a suspension bridge

me

3 comments:

Edgar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edgar said...

u-jean!!!
very lurvely la your pics..
u kno wat, i myself haven't visited the monsopiad cultural village yet *sigh*..

and guess wat?
along the way to the village, u have actually passed my humble house :P
i hope u enjoyed experiencing our culture as much as I enjoyed myself in penang. heehee =)

U-Jean said...

edgar!!!
u shud u know. the guide was good. i enjoyed my experience there. actually considering studying there just to understand more of the culture. glad you enjoyed penang

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008